Thursday, July 9, 2009

80/20 madness

Another long day at the site, Albert basically finished wiring the PDU. I also had a minor dalliance with another telescope, antenna 5 from the SZA. They kindly let us remove one of the skirts to have a look at the cable wrap. Lots of pictures here if you want to look:

sza cable wrap

Here is a view of polarbear as seen from the SZA. It is the tiny telescope off in the distant treeline.


I have decided to take the 80/20 catalog away from Marius. He has taken his designs to the depths of interface depravity.



The alignment of the panels is beginning to converge. Brian worked some oh his magic, and looks like we might be on the right track. More to come tomorrow. This is how we left Polarbear at sunset.


On a final note, I had a failed experiment with an air conditioner.
I installed a 8000 BTU window unit into a pre-existing hole in the Control Container. I think we probably need 4X the power, and we dont have a hole big enough. I will look into a more serious solution, but I am worried that by the time I figure it out, it will be fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment