Friday, July 10, 2009

Star Destroyer

Marius has finished his magnum opus in 80/20. It is as dangerous as it looks.



The air conditioner just barely works. It was a cool 78 degrees, although I could swear it was 76. The key was to keep two of windows closed, and to turn on the system at noon.

The PDU is basically ready to go, but there are some lingering issues with the telescope. There are three major issues that need to be worked out with San Jose- the Balance, the Cable Wrap, and the Panels. We have to resolve all of these issues before we can move on.

Today Brian and Al, the panel pros, worked on trying to align the panels. Although they were able to eyeball it into place, there are two problems. If you look closely, you can see that the panels holes are not symmetric.

Here you can see that there are some interference issues with rods. We will have to come up with a solution, but we want San Jose to look at it first.


Marius and Dave moved into the container to work on the the last 80/20 part, saddlebag #2.


I think that Dave dreams about 80/20 nutplates now.


In case you were wondering, this is where I was to take that last two pictures. I handed Dave the camera, and he caught this rare photo of me. We really are that dirty.

The funny story for today is that my $15 new coffee maker nearly exploded today. There was a faulty switch that popped when I tried to turn it on. Luckily, the circuit breaker worked, and now I am looking for the right coffee maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment