Monday, September 7, 2009

Painting the box



I spent the last few days painting this box. It is a lot harder than you might think. David convinced me to paint the box so that it would keep over the winter, and it could save us a lot of money.

It was hard because there are so many corners on the outside. Also, low grade plywood sucks up a lot of primer. It took 3 gallons of Primer and one gallon of overcoat. The roof is also not strong enough to support a person, so I had to use the lift to paint up there. Brian was using the manlift during the day to paint the telescope, so I was using it in the dark in the middle of the night.

There are a few more boxes to paint, but I have decided that next time, I will use a paint sprayer. Latex paint requires a special airless High pressure sprayer, which is why I did not get one right away, but I arm hurts way to much now to do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment